-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jo-Hanna worked on an article...

Last week, I spent some time working on an article related to translation. Yesterday, I finished writing it up, revised it, and submitted it. Today, I am checking potential responses and stressing about it. When I thought up the ideas for the article, I took it for granted that it was going to get published. After all, writing is easy, right?

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Unlike my posts, my article had to have a point. I had to make sure I listed my references, because I had no intention of being accused of plagiarism. Will the editor think it was written by a twelve-year-old?

I face rejection more often than I would like to admit. I know better than to take it personally. That doesn't stop me, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home