-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Spanish language has its own page

Visit La Página del Idioma Español for the word of the day, fora, a link to a dictionary from the Real Academia Española, a conjugating tool and more.

In addition to everything I just mentioned, this site featured an article on the training of translators and interpreters in the United States. Of particular interest was how the translators' program at the University of Nebraska in Kearney is featured in this article.

This article makes me feel glad I had the opportunity to spend the first twenty-something years of my life in Puerto Rico, a Spanish-speaking country, while at the same time, get plenty of exposure to American culture and the English language through books, school, television, etc. For this dual-language experience I am very grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home