-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

This investment will pay off, right?

I promised myself I would write in this blog everyday, even if I have nothing brilliant to say. Why, you may ask? To develop discipline.

I wish I could say I am going to use the payment from my last job on something fun like a vacation or designer shoes. Instead, I went to the American Translators Association (ATA) website and renewed my membership. The remaining money will probably be used to pay my cellular phone bills or a credit card bill.

The membership fee is no small amount. However, it carries great benefits, such as a subscription to the Chronicle, discounted fees on insurance and web hosting, a mentorship program. I hope this investment in my career pays off, because otherwise, it is going to be the most expensive magazine subscription ever. The truth is, what I get out of my ATA membership is what I put into it.


Similar to my college education. But that is another post.

1 Comments:

  • You are right. Sometimes you do, and very often you don't. I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Thanks for stopping at my page.

    By Blogger jo-hanna, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home