-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Thursday, February 09, 2006

An interesting phone call this morning

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, the phone rang. Of course, I automatically thought somebody died/was sick/there was a snow day at school (it has been unseasonably warm here in Lincoln).

The caller in question was phoning from Europe. He asked if I could translate Russian. It broke my heart to admit that no, I can't translate Russian. I referred him to a contact that could possibly help him out.

I suspect my caller wanted an interpreter, not a translator. This seems to be a common misunderstanding. I do not provide interpreting services at this moment.

But why would anybody think I can translate Russian?

Technorati tags:

1 Comments:

  • Hello Jeff; thanks for your kind comments. I love the pictures in your own page.

    By Blogger jo-hanna, at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home