-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pain makes you a better translator

I went to the dentist today. YEEOUCH! Translate that onomatopoeia.

After that particularly fun visit, I went back to work, somewhat giddy from the Novocaine. Oddly enough, it seemed as though my fingers were about as numb as the lower half of my face. Even though I don't remember having my hands drugged. Weird.

As far as translation, I managed to put a few nicks (not exactly dents) in the newsletter translation. This type of assignment tends to go on the backburner when something more urgent comes up, like translating letters or even tasks not related to translation.

Así es la vida. Hey, I speak Spanish; don't expect me to write C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home