-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Friday, February 10, 2006

A translator should be patient

Last month, I sent a letter of interest to an agency, listing my rates, the software in my computer, etc. A few days ago, the XYZ Agency (thus named to avoid breaching confidentiality) responded to my query. It appears they are interested in my services for a small project.

Pros of doing this assignment:

  • Experience

  • The income.

  • Increasing my base of clients.

  • The project is small enough that I can complete it in my spare time. This is important, as I do not wish to neglect my primary job.

Potential cons:

  • For as long as I am working in this project, my housework will probably suffer. I really don't mind, but my family does.

  • The What ifs. Some are rational, most of them are not. What if... it turns out I am not as knowledgeable about the subject matter? What if... TRADOS refuses to cooperate? What if... the agency does not care for my translation and proceeds to not just reduce/withold payment. Hopefully, now that I have expressed these idiotic fears, I will have nothing to worry about.



Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home