-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Translution aside, human translators are still needed

Earlier on, the ad displayed above this post read "Translution Software". At first I thought it was a typo. It turns out it isn't.

Read [Genx Caps] - Translution Removes Language Barriers for a description of this program, its prices, capabilities, etc.

Will programs like this make translators like myself obsolete? Right now, I translate plenty of e-mails at my job because online translators have a tendency to mangle the results. I will just have to remind myself that at this point, human translators are still needed. A lot more developing has to happen before technology can replace the human brain and all its capabilities.

Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home