-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Friday, March 03, 2006

Fun with Google

I just translated an e-mail message for somebody at work. This kind of translation is done manually, without any DVX to help me. CAT software really spoils me.

To amuse myself, I am doing searches on Google by combining keywords such as “translation” and “stock option trading”. One would think that this search would yield bilingual sites or information about translating financial material, but the text below is representative of what I find:

One of the leading stock option trading & education services on the Internet. A great site to help you translate news and events into winning options strategies.


There is a great need for multi-lingual websites, and I hope corporations realize this. Not just because this would represent a source of work for translators such as myself, but because the financial rewards would make the initial expense worth it.

Technorati tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home