-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My translations for CFWW

Today I received notice that Cystic Fibrosis Worldwide has published translated versions of some of its newsletter articles.

Both my translated pieces, Mensaje de la Editora (From the Editor's Desk) and Mensaje del Presidente (From the President's Desk) are up.

I can't exactly claim I did it for purely altruistic reasons. But I am glad I did it. I often translated newsletter articles for my current employer, but the subject matter is limited to our particular industry. This pro bono assignment showed me that it is OK to step out of my little translation box and gave me a confidence boost.

Hopefully, they'll contact me again when they need translations for edition 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home