-->

¿Se habla English? Life of a Translator

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Testing, testing.

Dear readers:

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to "jinx" it. Or, to be honest, because I didn't want to have to admit defeat in case I failed. Then again, is that the right mindset? No.

I am planning on taking a written test later on this month. If I pass, I will be one step closer to becoming a certified interpreter.

Right now, I am studying legal terms. I have heard most of these before, both in English (thanks, Law & Order reruns) and Spanish. Being able to link the corresponding terms is what separates the bilingual individual from the translator or interpreter.

I still have a lot of vocabularies (medical, drug-related, ballistics, etc.) to go through.

Wish me luck

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home